Milestone Silver Anniversary comes Complete with Celebratory Specials
Perfectly perched at the entrance of Miami Beach’s charming Española Way is the wildly popular Oh! Mexico, a Miami Beach gem for locals and visitors since its earliest days as one of the island’s first Mexican restaurants. The 154-seat hotspot has been a go-to since Day One for delicious, robust Mexican food and drinks in a gorgeous indoor/outdoor space.
Hard to fathom, but those early days were a long time ago as this always-buzzing restaurant is celebrating its 25th anniversary. To truly honor its silver anniversary, the Vida & Estilo Group tapped none other than famed Mexican Chef Rodrigo Estrada and co-founder and owner Jamil Dib to work in tandem with the culinary team to create new dishes that would be as vibrant as the restaurant itself and elegantly complement its vast menu of signature favorites.
“With the new dishes, we tried to weave traditional Mexican influences and traditions into familiar and popular favorites. I’m proud of the dishes we created and hope they become fan favorites at Oh! Mexico Española Way.” Chef Estrada
Standout new temptations include but are not limited to:
- Ceviche Acapulco — fresh fish of the day, lime juice, tomato, onion, serrano pepper, cilantro, clam juice, orange soda, and avocado
- Ceviche Tulum — fresh golden corvina, lime juice, charred red onion, habanero pepper, avocado, and cilantro, infused with squid ink
- Street-style Elote — fresh ear of corn, skewered and grilled with chipotle mayo, Cotija cheese, and chili lime powder
- Taco Birria — slow-braised beef, melted Mexican cheese, onion, and cilantro on a soft corn or flour tortilla, served with birria broth.
- Quesabirria — a magical marriage between a birria taco and a quesadilla
- Cauliflower al Pastor — a vegetarian flavor bomb with onion, cilantro, and pineapple on a soft corn or flour tortilla
- An eye-catching Vampiro taco — grilled corn tostada, melted Mexican cheese, birria meat, onions, and cilantro
Of course, the restaurant’s popular mainstays will always remain. Since its launch, the team has proudly served between 60-80 orders of guacamoles and classic margaritas daily.
And what meal here would not be complete without a knockout libation? Using fresh produce from local purveyors and freshly-rendered juices, Oh! Mexico’s pours are as much a draw as its plates. Imbibers can find more than200 tequilas and mezcals, employed in classic and fruit-infused margaritas, Tequila Pops, Cantaritos (mezcal cocktails served in traditional Mexican clay cups), or tajin-rimmed micheladas.
This month, the group launched its third location of Oh! Mexico Taco Shop at 804 Ocean Drive. The concept serves authentic Mexican dishes with homemade tortillas and freshly prepared ingredients. A perfect spot for casual bite steps from the ocean, beachgoers are welcome to arrive in bathing suits to enjoy signature tacos, margaritas, and other Oh! Mexico favorites. For more information, please visit www.ohmexicorestaurant.com.
Creative & Unique Truffle Dishes at Top Restaurants in South Florida