L.A Jackson Pork Poppers
1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin
¼ cup creole seasoning
3 each pickled jalapeños, sliced thin
10 strips thick-cut smoked bacon
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped salt & pepper
6 ounces cane syrup
6 ounces sherry or balsamic vinegar
1. Rub the pork tenderloin with creole seasoning.
2. Sear the tenderloin in a minimal amount of oil in a cast-iron skillet just until a crust forms.
3. Place the tenderloin in the refrigerator, then cut into ¼” by 2” strips
4. Wrap each piece of pork tenderloin around a slice of pickled jalapeno, then wrap a piece of bacon around the pork.
5. Skewer the poppers with a bamboo skewer.
6. Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
7. Once soft, mix in the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the cane syrup and vinegar to a small saucepot.
9. Reduce the syrup vinegar mix by half.
10. Grill the skewers of poppers until the bacon is crispy and slightly charred.
11. Smear some of the cream cheese in a line on a plate.
12. Remove the poppers from the skewer and place on top of the cream cheese.
13. Drizzle some of the cane syrup over the poppers.