This month, Kosushi Miami, the modern Japanese restaurant known for its temperature-based plates, signature sushi, and extensive drink selection, is kicking off a one-of-a-kind omakase series featuring globally acclaimed guest chefs.
Omakase, the Japanese phrase “I’ll leave it up to you,” allows each guest chef to incorporate seasonal trends and ingredients into an exclusive menu.
The first of these omakase series will take place Tuesday, November 15, and Wednesday, November 16, with guest chef Jun Sakamoto, who is flying to Miami from Brazil to share his culinary expertise with those quick enough to nab a reservation. Sakamoto first honed his craft in the art of Japanese cuisine in New York before growing his talents in São Paulo, where his eponymous restaurant has earned one Michelin star for four consecutive years.
For two nights only, Sakamoto and Kosushi will present two unique dinner packages:
- Omakase at the Sushi Counter, Prepared by Chef Jun Sakamoto
- First Seating: Begins at 7 p.m. sharp (ending at 9 p.m.) – only eight seats available
- Second Seating: Begins at 9:15 p.m. sharp – only eight seats available
- Menu: Includes one appetizer, 15 sushi items, two additional dishes from the kitchen (one hot, one cold), and a dessert
- Price: $280 per person (food only) plus tax and an 18% service charge
Prix-Fixe Dinner at Regular Dining Tables, Menu Created by Chef Jun Sakamoto
- Seating: Varied times available starting at 6 p.m., with the last seating at 9:45 p.m.
- Menu: Contains similar dishes from the omakase experience, as well as new creations to be discovered in person
- Price: $150 per person (food only) plus tax and an 18% service charge
Drink lovers can purchase additional beverage packages consisting of sake and wine pairings. Please keep in mind reservations must be prepaid and can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org. Sushi fans won’t want to miss out!
Kosushi Miami is located at 801 S Pointe Dr in Miami Beach, FL, 33139. For more information, please visit www.kosushimiami.com