Breast Cancer Awareness Month Initiatives from Miami Restaurants & Brands
This year, Pura Vida Miami is partnering with 305 Pink Pack to offer a percentage of all Raspberry Pistachio Croissant sales supporting breast cancer research. 305 Pink Pack is the only program of its kind in South Florida, offering non-medical services complementary to the great work of local treatment centers. Members have available transportation, child care, housekeeping, and more to ensure they access the proper care and recovery, all at no cost. Since its inception in 2020, 305 Pink Pack has provided over 5,000 rides to cancer-related appointments, grocery assistance, and peer support to over 200 women.
In addition to donating a percentage from their Raspberry Pistachio Croissants sales, Pura Vida Miami is also donating a portion of sales from their newly-introduced Beet Hummus & Pita to 305 Pink Pack, all through October.
Below, find the step-by-step recipe for Pura Vida Miami’s Raspberry Pistachio Croissant.
1 can – Crescent Roll Dough or Store-Bought Croissants
¼ cup – Mixed Berries jam
½ cup – Pistachio Praline Ganache
½ cup – Pistachios
1 cup – Ruby Chocolate (melted)
½ cup – Freeze-Dried Raspberries
½ cup – Pistachios (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & prep a baking sheet.
2. Place the crescent dough on your baking sheet and separate to the given from the eight rolls given.
3. Spread a tablespoon of mixed berry jam and pistachio praline ganache onto each piece of dough and roll them shut.
4. Once the oven is preheated, bake croissants for about 10-11 or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes or until room temperature.
5. Melt your ruby chocolate and dip half of the croissant.
6. Sprinkle your freeze-dried raspberries and pistachios onto the chocolate and let rest until the chocolate hardens.
For October, E11EVEN Vodka has released a special edition bottle with a pink-colored neck (usually, it is teal) to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The woman-owned & operated Miami-based company will donate 11% of all October pink bottle sales to the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation. The 1-liter bottle of the ultra-premium spirit has a suggested MSRP of $29.99, and the 750-ml bottle is $19.99. It is available for purchase / nationwide shipping via the website 11vodka.com and on ReserveBar and at retail stores & menus at hundreds of establishments across Florida.
P11nk for a Cause” at Red Rooster Overtown
50% of “P11nk for a Cause” cocktail sales during October will be donated to the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation
– 2 oz of E11EVEN Vodka
– 2 oz of Watermelon Juice
– 1 oz of Lime Juice
– 0.75 oz of Agave
– Hellfire drops (spicy)
– Collins glass with a salt rim
1. Combine all ingredients except hellfire drops in a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake vigorously and strain into a salt-rimmed glass filled with cubed ice.
3. Add hellfire drops and garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel.
“Perfect Pair” at KÓMMA Mediterranean Kitchen & Bar
**11% of all “Perfect Pair” cocktail sales during October will be donated to the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation**
– 2 oz of E11EVEN Vodka
– 1 oz simple syrup
– 2 lime slices
– 2 cucumber slices
– 2 cubed pieces of watermelon
– 3-4 mint leaves
1. Muddle watermelon, cucumber, lime, and mint.
2. Combine muddled mix with vodka ad simple syrup in a shaker with ice.
3. Shake well and serve in a snifter glass.
Dianne’s Delight at Warren
**For October, Warren, Damn Good Hospitality’s hotspot in Delray Beach, Florida, will be donating $1 from every Dianne’s Delight cocktail sold to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.**
– 2oz Ketel One vodka
– 1oz citrus juice
– 1oz simple syrup
– 4-5 blueberries
– 1 whole strawberry
– 1 blueberry, 1 half strawberry on pick for garnish.
1. Combine the blueberries and strawberries in a shaker and muddle.
2. Add Vodka, citrus, and simple to-shaker tin.
3. Shake Vigorously and double strain over ice in a Collins glass.
4. Garnish with a blueberry and half a strawberry on a pick.